Steve joined the Etiquette family in October of last year after previous roles with ECi Software Solutions and Piroto Labelling respectively. As Business Development manager Steve visits clients and discusses their labelling and printing needs and helps find the right solution for them, whilst working alongside them every step of the way.
What was your first job in the printing industry?
- I started in 2009 for Piroto Labelling as Northern sales manager, to develop new business with Technical Identification products in manufacturing industry. I had previously been involved in many different areas of manufacturing including fabric printing.
What attracted you to the printing industry?
- A diverse range of prospects and clients that would lead to interesting projects that develop into long term business partnerships.
How has the printing industry changed since you have started working in the industry?
- The improvements in desktop coloured Inkjet printers and materials and also digital inkjet printing is now starting to impact many areas and clients are seeing great benefits and outstanding print quality at lower costs. Which is giving new start up’s and new product development massive improved labelling design.
Why did you choose to work for Etiquette?
- The long standing range of large and small clients that were confidently purchasing current and new labels and also labelling products.
- The large marketing / social media presence of the business that feeds potential growth in building those sales and technical partnerships that last.
- Directors that guide and position the business in a market that will allow us to succeed and they work alongside us every day with their interest and involvement from purchasing to final delivery to clients.
What separates Etiquette apart from other label manufacturers?
- The ability to offer a one stop shop from labels, printers, software, applicators and engineering support to all sizes of business with the flexibility to match products to clients budgets, expectations and support.
What is the most pleasing aspect of your role in Etiquette?
- Meeting new businesses that are looking to develop new products into retail / supply chain. Advising these prospects of the alternative options and solutions so they feel confident that we have their best interest in mind and we will develop and grow with them and their pace.
How do you think the printing industry will change in the coming years?
- Digital printing will increase in demand and will be even more flexible range of materials. The demand and value of face to face client development will grow against faceless un-supportive competitors.What are your ambitions for the future regarding the business?
- To continue the increase of new business development and 100% satisfaction from our repeating clients. With a balanced growth in multiple markets countrywide and plan growth into European markets with specialist products. All of this with the development and partnerships with premium brands and clients.